Saxony Dog Park
Saxony Dog Park at 66 West Street is a place for dog lovers to gather with their pets to socialize and allow their dogs to play in a fenced play area. The park is divided into two spaces, one for large dogs and one for smaller dogs. Like all parks, it is open from sunrise to sunset.
There is a water fountain for people and for dogs that operates during warm weather months. The park is owned by the Town of Vernon and managed by the Vernon Parks and Recreation Department. The Saxony Dog Park Advisory Committee serves as a liaison between park users and town staff. It maintains a Facebook page that can be found by clicking here.
Saxony Dog Park opened in July 2020 on the site of what was then called Saxony Mill Park. Saxony Mill was a seven-building textile mill complex built between 1836 and the 1970s. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. What remained of the complex was destroyed by fire in July 1994. The town took possession of the site and designated it for open space.