Vernon Arts Commission
VAC Monthly Meetings
First Monday of the month at 7 p.m., (Second Monday in September).
Arts Center East, 709 Hartford Turnpike, Vernon
All meetings open to the public
Who We Are
The Vernon Arts Commission (VAC) is an official Town of Vernon Commission, created in 1976. The VAC is composed of volunteers: nine Commissioners appointed by the Mayor and approved by the Town Council and an unlimited number of Associates appointed by the VAC. Vernon residents are encouraged to apply for both Commissioner and Associate Commissioner positions.
Friends of the Vernon Arts Commission (FVAC) is an adjunct group that financially supports and supplements the work of the VAC through annual membership contributions. FVAC members promote an appreciation for the arts in the Vernon community through participation in fund-raising events and by serving on VAC project committees.
To promote artistic and cultural activities within the Town of Vernon and to provide opportunities for artists to share their work with the community.
What We Do
- Fund arts programs in the Vernon Public Schools.
- Award scholarships to Rockville High School graduating seniors who excel in the arts.
- Sponsor programs that showcase local artists and other notable talent.
- Provide annual financial assistance to the Vernon Chorale.
- Support and collaborate with other community organizations offering arts programming in the Town of Vernon.
- Offer excursions to out-of-town cultural events ranging from museum tours to musical events.
- Host Artist Forums.