How to register to vote
There are several ways you can register to vote
1. Online by clicking here.
2. In person at the Registrars of Voters office at 375 Hartford Turnpike during regular business hours, 9 a.m. to noon Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
3. In person at the Town Clerk's office at Town Hall during regular business hours, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday.
4. By mail after downloading and completing a Voter Registration Card. Please click here for a link to registration cards in English and Spanish.You can also pick up a registration form at the Department of Motor Vehicles, public libraries, post offices and some other government offices.
5. At special voter registration sessions that are held at different locations.
Please note: You are not a voter until your application is approved by the Registrar of Voters.
Requirements to be able to register to vote
To register to vote you must be:
- A United States citizen
- A resident of a Connecticut town
- At least 17 years of age
If you have been convicted of a felony and completed your confinement and parole, you can regain your right to vote. You must contact your local Registrar of Voters to get your right to vote restored.
Return to Vernon Elections Page