- Health Department (NCDHD)
- Vernon Social Services Department
- Vernon Housing Authority
- Hockanum Valley Community Council, Inc.
- Visiting Nurse and Health Services of CT, Inc.
- Eastern Connecticut Health Network (includes Rockville General Hospital)
- Foodshare, Inc.
- Connecticut Department of Social Services
Application materials for the Human Services budget/grant request forms for the Town of Vernon fiscal year beginning July 1, 2021 and ending June 30, 2022 are now available.
Eligibility: Applicants must have a 501c(3) status and provide direct human services to Vernon residents.
How to Apply:
To apply agencies must complete the 3 application forms developed by the Town of Vernon Human Services Advisory Commission (HSAC) entitled Town of Vernon Grant Application (PDF), Results Based Accountability Data (PDF), and Budget Summary (XLSX). Other information required is as follows:
- A copy of the Agency’s most recent audited financial report, including the statements of financial position; statement of activities; and statements of cash flows
- A copy of your completed 2017 Form 990 – Return of Organization Exempt From Income Tax (or most recent)
- Copy of Agency 501c (3) authorization
- Certification of insurance
- Current Board of Directors
- Organizational chart
All data must be provided for funding consideration.
The HSAC members may request to meet with representatives to discuss budget/grant requests.
Please submit your requests via email to Michelle Hill at email@example.com by Friday, December 4, 2020.
Eastern Connecticut Health Network, Inc.
The Eastern Connecticut Health Network, Inc. has many partnerships and affiliates designed to focus on the quality of life and health. Please visit their home page to view the many services offered by clicking here.
Hockanum Valley Community Council, Inc.
Hockanum Valley Community Council, Inc. (HVCC) is an independent, multi-program, private non-profit human service agency. It is dedicated to meeting the needs of the residents of the Tolland County area. HVCC provides services to individuals and/or families in a manner which will promote independence while assuring that basic needs are met regardless of ability to pay.
Click HERE for a Brochure
29 Naek Road, Suite 4
Vernon, CT 06066
Hours: Monday – Thursday 9:00 to 8:30
Friday 9:00 to 1:00
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Vernon Housing Authority
The Housing Authority directed by Betsy Soto, PHM, has 615 housing units under its jurisdiction. This includes 149 Federal elderly, 134 State elderly, 280 Section 8 Rental Assistance for families, 8 family Scattered Site units and 44 units of Congregate Housing for "frail elderly".
The website is vernonhousing.org