Zoning & Property Maintenance
55 WEST MAIN STREET, VERNON, CT 06066
Tel: (860) 870-3636 Fax: (860) 870-3589
Andrew Marchese - Property Maintenance & Zoning Enforcement Officer
STARTING JULY 5, 2022, OUR OFFICE HOURS HAVE CHANGED TO THE FOLLOWING:
|Day||Office Hours||ZEO Hours|
|Thursday||8:00am-7:00pm||OUT OF OFFICE|
IMPORTANT: All issued permits, inspection results, and communications with applicants will be through email. Please check your Spam and Junk folders to verify email communications from our office have not been mistakenly placed there.
Zoning Applications are $25.00 and payments can be made online by credit card or in the following manner:
- By credit card, check, or cash at 55 West Main St, Vernon, CT
- By check mailed to: Town of Vernon Building Department, 55 West Main St, Vernon, CT 06066 (please include the name of the applicant, address on the zoning application, and a contact phone number with your check or a copy of the permit application)
A computer kiosk is available for use at the Vernon Building and Zoning Department (55 West Main St) during normal business hours if you need assistance submitting your permit application. If you have any questions or need assistance please call 860-870-3633.
The Property Maintenance & Zoning Department is responsible for the issuance of zoning permits and the enforcement of the Town of Vernon Zoning Regulations and other Town Ordinances to ensure public safety, health and welfare. The Property Maintenance Inspector / Zoning Enforcement Officer performs all areas of review, inspection, and enforcement including:
- Reviewing building plans for zoning compliance with residential and commercial development
- Issuing zoning permits and Certificates of Zoning Compliance
- Performing inspections for new and existing construction
- Answering zoning regulation, ordinance, and administrative questions
- Issuing violation letters, orders, and citations
PLEASE NOTE...It is the property owner’s responsibility to ensure that all permits have been issued and zoning regulations are adhered to. It is advised that when opening a business or purchasing a home or any other property, you check with the Property Maintenance & Zoning Department to verify there are no outstanding violations, and all zoning regulations and ordinances are satisfied. Otherwise, you may assume liability and be cited for existing violations. Please give us a call at (860) 870-3636, if you have any questions, we are here to help you.
|Steven Prattson||Building Officialemail@example.com|
|Andrew Marchese||Property Maintenance & ZEOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Marisa Soto||Planning & Zoning Admin. Asst.||email@example.com|