Top Bar

Mobile Menu Trigger

Welcome to Vernon, a celebrated place to live, work and visit. 

Compliments and Complaints

Filing a complaint about a Vernon Police Officer or department employee

All persons are encouraged to bring forward legitimate complaints regarding possible misconduct or malfeasance of employees of the Vernon Police Department. All sworn and civilian employees shall be required to accept a complaint alleging misconduct or malfeasance by agency personnel. All employees must courteously inform an individual of his or her right to make a complaint if the individual objects to an employee's conduct.

Employees have a duty to assist any person who wishes to file a citizen's complaint by documenting the information and allegations they provide, advising the individual how to proceed, and by promptly putting the complainant in contact with a supervisor who can assist them with filing their complaint. No employee shall refuse to assist any person who wishes to file a citizen complaint or discourage, interfere with, hinder, delay, or obstruct a person from making a citizen complaint.

The Chief of Police is the department's designated contact for Internal Affairs Investigations. If you have any questions about the process, or results, please contact him directly.

To review the internal affairs policy of the Vernon Police Department, click here.


Please note: This complaint form is for complaints against the Vernon Police Department or any Vernon Police Department employee. This form is NOT for traffic or parking complaints.

Please fill out the appropriate form and return it to the police department. To do so, you can:

  • Click the submit button.
  • Print out the form and drop by the Police Department and ask for the Chief of Police or Duty Supervisor.
  • Mail it: Chief of Police, Vernon Police Department, 725 Hartford Turnpike, Vernon, CT 06066