Instructions and Permit Applications
NOTE: No work may begin until you receive signed/approved permit.
The following is required to apply for a permit:
- Permit application; signed by the homeowner or contractor.
- Submit the application along with:
- 2 sets of plans (if applicable).
- Copy of valid contractors license (if applicable)
- Copy of Workers Compensation OR signed waiver (7A form)
- Cash, Check or money order payable to: Town of Vernon (see fee schedule)
- Zoning Application (if applicable)
- Site plan indicating location of construction (if applicable)
- Copy of installation guidelines for Pellet & Woodstoves
NOTICE: The Building Department has 30 days to Approve or Deny Permit Applications per C.G.S. sec. 29-263. Completed Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Deck Permit Application
- Demolition Permit Application
- Roofing Permit Application
- Swimming Pool Permit Application