55 WEST MAIN STREET, VERNON, CT 06066
Tel: (860) 870-3633 Fax: (860) 870-3589
- As of FEBRUARY 1, 2023, the Vernon Building Department has changed its Permit Application Refund Policy. The updated policy can be viewed below under Reference Material or by clicking HERE.
- Starting OCTOBER 11, 2022, our office will be converting our historical property files to digital records so they can be more easily viewed online. This process will take approximately six to eight weeks and viewing records for a property during this time is by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call 860-870-3633 to schedule an appointment a MINIMUM OF 48-HRS IN ADVANCE. We thank you for your patience as we make this improvement.
- Starting JULY 5, 2022, our new office hours will be as follows:
|Monday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Thursday||8:00am - 6:30pm|
- IMPORTANT: All issued permits, inspection results, and communications with applicants will be through email. Please check your Spam and Junk folders to verify email communications from our office have not been mistakenly placed there.
The State of Connecticut Building Code requires permits be obtained and inspections of the work performed for anyone who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure.
The Building Department is responsible for the enforcement of the Connecticut Building Code to ensure public safety, health and welfare. The Building Official and Assistant Building Official(s) perform all areas of review, inspection, and enforcement including:
- Reviewing building plans for residential and commercial development
- Issuing permits and Certificates of Use and Occupancy
- Performing inspections for new and existing construction
- Answering code and administrative questions
- Responding to emergency scenes such as fires and building failures
- Issuing violation letters, orders and citations
Ultimately, it is the property owner’s responsibility to ensure that all permits have been issued and inspections passed for any work on their property. It is advised that when purchasing a home, or any other property, you check with the Town to verify all permits were obtained and inspections were approved. Otherwise, you may assume liability for the work that was not permitted or inspected. Please give the Building Department a call at (860) 870-3633, if you have any questions, we are here to help you.
|Steven Prattson||Building Officialfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michael Roman||Building Inspectoremail@example.com|
|Andrew Marchese||Property Maintenance & ZEOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Debra Sterling||Building Department Specialist & AZTemail@example.com|
|Matilda Hayes||Building & Fire Marshal Administrative Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Marisa Soto||Zoning Administrative Assistantemail@example.com|