55 WEST MAIN STREET, VERNON, CT 06066
Tel: (860) 870-3633 Fax: (860) 870-3589
The Vernon Building Department has changed to PermitLink permitting software.
ALL BUILDING AND ZONING APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ONLINE.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted at the counter or through postal mail and will be returned to the sender. Supporting documents (Trade Licenses, Workers' Compensation, and Building Plans) should be scanned and submitted with the application through the online portal.
Please visit our Online Permit Center to submit your Building and Zoning Department applications. First time users of PermitLink will need to register with an email and password.
All permits and inspection results will be issued by email. Please check your Spam and Junk folders to verify email communications from our office have not been mistakenly placed there.
Application payments can be made online by credit card or in the following manner:
- By credit card, check, or cash at 55 West Main St, Vernon, CT
- By check mailed to: Town of Vernon Building Department, 55 West Main St, Vernon, CT 06066 (please include the name of the applicant, address where work will be performed and a contact phone number with your check or a copy of the permit application)
A computer kiosk is available for use at the Vernon Building Department (55 West Main St) during normal business hours if you need assistance submitting your permit application. If you have any questions please call 860-870-3633.
The State of Connecticut Building Code requires permits be obtained and inspections of the work performed for anyone who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure.
The Building and Zoning Department is responsible for the enforcement of the Connecticut Building Code, Town Zoning Regulations and other Town Ordinances to ensure public safety, health and welfare. The Building Official, Assistant Building Official, and Zoning Enforcement Officer perform all areas of review, inspection, and enforcement including:
- Reviewing building plans for residential and commercial development
- Issuing permits, Certificates of Compliance, and Certificates of Use and Occupancy
- Performing inspections for new and existing construction
- Answering code and administrative questions
- Responding to emergency scenes such as fires and building failures
- Issuing violation letters, orders and citations
Ultimately, it is the property owner’s responsibility to ensure that all permits have been issued and inspections passed for any work on their property. It is advised that when purchasing a home, or any other property, you check with the Town to verify all permits were obtained and inspections were approved. Otherwise, you may assume liability for the work that was not permitted or inspected. Please give the building department a call at (860) 870-3633, if you have any questions, we are here to help you.
|Steven Prattson||Temp / Acting Building Officialemail@example.com|
|Andrew Marchese||Property Maintenance & Zoning Enforcementfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Debra Sterling||Building Department Specialistemail@example.com|
|Matilda Hayes||Administrative Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|