Top Bar

Mobile Menu Trigger

Welcome to Vernon, a celebrated place to live, work and visit. 

Animal Control

The officers within the Animal Control Department enforce state laws and town ordinances pertaining to animals. This department also responds to complaints involving sick wildlife. The officers within this department maintain the Animal Control Facility, and they care for the animals sheltered there.

Jerold Casida, Animal Control Officer

Routine animal control calls: 860-872-9126
Shelter and adoption: 860-870-3558
Department E-mail address:

Compliments or complaints about an officer

Town of Vernon Animal Shelter
100 Windsorville Road, Vernon

Shelter Hours:
Saturday through Tuesday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.

See pets available for adoption and lost pet notices on our Facebook page:



Frequently asked questions:

               - Barking Dog Log