COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Town of Vernon COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics
Click here to view a video about the Town of Vernon's Nationally-Recognized Community Vaccination Program.
We are now accepting walk-ins at all of our clinics. Appointments are recommended, but we will work to accommodate anyone who walks in to one of our clinics seeking a vaccination.
Please read the information below and click the link to sign up for a Town of Vernon COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic. You will be directed to another website to sign up.
- To receive a vaccination from the Town of Vernon you must meet current state eligibility requirements. Our clinics are now open to all people, regardless of state of residence.
- Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccine is only available to people 18 and older.
- The Pfizer vaccine is available to people 12 and older. For minors, a parent or guardian MUST be present at the clinic and sign a consent form for the vaccine to be administered.
- People without an appointment who are eligible to be vaccinated are welcome to walk-up to our clinics. If we have vaccine available, you will be accommodated. We ask that you not come during the last hour. If you receive a two-dose vaccine, you will be scheduled for your second dose.
- We can now provide second doses of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines to people who are having difficulty lining up their second dose. (You should still seek your second dose from your first dose provider when possible.) Previously, under Connecticut Department of Public Health guidelines you had to go through the clinic that provided your first dose of the vaccine.
YOUR VACCINATION CARD IS AN IMPORTANT HEALTH RECORD:
- You must bring your vaccination card to your second dose appointment so second dose data can be written on it.
- If you received your first dose at a non-Vernon clinic, you MUST bring your vaccination card for entry into the clinic.
- If you lose your card your after your second dose, you must contact the Connecticut Department of Public Health for a replacement by calling: 860-509-7929.
For Vaccination Clinics:
- Read all of the instructions and complete all of the requested information. If you complete the electronic form correctly, you will receive an emailed confirmation of your appointment.
- If you cannot make your appointment, or no longer need it, please click on the cancel link in your confirmation e-mail, or contact the Vernon Regional Call Center at 860-896-4568.
- Only one e-mail address per appointment. If you have a family member who also needs an appointment, please call 860-896-4568.
- Anyone without an email address who needs an appointment can call the Vernon Regional Call Center at 860-896-4568.
- The Vernon Regional Call Center is open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, and 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday.
- The Town of Vernon reserves the right to refuse to vaccinate anyone not meeting these eligibility requirements.
International travelers arriving in the United States must complete a 14-day quarantine period, as required by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, before qualifying to enter a Vernon Vaccine Clinic. Please be sure to schedule a vaccination date that meets these guidelines.
NEW! Tuesday, June 15, 2021, YOU CHOOSE Vaccine Clinic -- all 3 vaccines available, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Northeast School, Route 30 side, Vernon. Walk-ins welcome. FREE, no insurance needed.
NEW! Tuesday, June 22, 2021, YOU CHOOSE Vaccine Clinic -- all 3 vaccines available, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Central Park in front of Town Hall, 14 Park Place, Rockville. Walk-ins welcome. FREE, no insurance needed.
NEW! Wednesday, June 30, 2021, Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Clinics -- 6 to 7 p.m., Henry Park and downtown Rockville during July in the Sky celebration. All welcome. FREE. No insurance or appointment needed.